◅ Cast (in order of appearance) ▻
- Mike Zoulis: born in Kasos, Greece. Tom's Restaurant's manager since the '80s,
member of the family that owned the establishment since the '40s.
- Shon: veteran marine, singer, songwriter, photographer, traveller.
- Bob Rose: played guitar on "The David Letterman Show" for several years,
worked with David Lynch on the soundtrack of "Twin Peaks"
and on classic movies such as "Grease", "Animal House",
"Footloose", "Victor Victoria" and "Deepthroat".
- Ron Long: ballet dancer, professor at Hunter's College.
- Cornel West: philosopher, academic, activist, author, public intellectual,
and prominent member of the Democratic Socialists of America.
West received his undergraduate education at Harvard University,
and received his Ph.D at Princeton University in 1980,
becoming the first ever African American to graduate from Princeton with a Ph.D in philosophy.
West is a frequent media commentator on political and social issues.
He often appears on networks such as CNN, CSPAN, MSNBC, and PBS
and programs such as "Real Time With Bill Maher", "The Colbert Report",
and "The Late Late Show" With Craig Ferguson.
Since 2010 he has also co-hosted a radio program with Tavis Smiley, called "Smiley and West".
He made appearances in Hollywood blockbusters "The Matrix Reloaded" and "The Matrix Revolutions",
also providing philosophical commentary for the films.
He has also made several spoken word and hip hop albums,
and has been named MTV's Artist of the Week for his work.
- Patricia Maldonado: Pratt graduate, visual artist and graphic designer,
created Loft 594 in Bushwick - Brooklyn.
- The Underground: group of "revolutionary friends" that meets weekly at Tom's,
in order to discuss their objectives of love and justice.
- David Sidorsky: he has taught philosophy at Columbia University since 1959,
and received his PhD in Philosophy at Columbia in 1962.
His primary teaching and research interests are in moral philosophy and political philosophy,
with secondary interests in philosophy of literature and the history of 20th century philosophy,
including the history of American philosophy.
- Josh Gondelman: he is a writer and comedian who incubated in Boston before moving to New York City.
Outside of standup, Josh's writing has appeared in prestigious publications
such as McSweeney's Internet Tendency, New York Magazine's The Cut blog, and Thought Catalog.
He is the co-creator and co-author of the popular Modern Seinfeld Twitter account,
and his own Twitter feed was named one of 2012′s best by Paste Magazine.
Josh's work has appeared on television as well:
G4′s "Attack of the Show" and MavTV's "Rooftop on the Road."
His debut standup comedy CD, "Everything's The Best"
was released in November of 2011 by Rooftop Comedy Productions.
In 2010 Josh won first prize at the Atlanta Laughing Skull Comedy Festival,
since then he has become an in-demand comedian on a national scale.
He performed at Rooftop Comedy Festival in Aspen, CO
and headlined at the Laugh Your Asheville Off Festival in Asheville, NC.
More recently he has appeared in the Eugene Mirman Comedy Festival,
the Bridgetown Comedy Festival, and SF Sketchfest.
- Jack P. Moore: he is a writer, comedian and playwright. Jack works as sports editor for Buzzfeed and
had a play produced in the city called "Killing John Grisham".
He is the co-creator and co-author of the popular Modern Seinfeld Twitter account.
He recently became writer on Fox's Tv show "Us and Them".
- Burton Crane: he is a retired schoolteacher, a painter and the self-proclaimed "grandfather of rap".
He worked on many independent films ("Miller's Crossing" by the Coen Brothers)
and recently gained national attention
because of his performances on NBC's "America's Got Talent".
- Michael Valmas: Columbia graduate, math & English tutor for junior high
and high school students, endearing sports fan.
- Ramon Berenguer: born in Porto Rico, he lived in the neighborhood for over thirty years.
Retired professor from Hunter's College.
- Mrs Elfie: our unofficial life coach.
- George Yeromonakos: born in Kasos, Greece. He worked at Tom's for over 40 years.
He started working as a dishwasher and gradually worked his way up the ranks,
until he became the restaurant's manager and finally retired,
leaving his share in the business to his son John.
- Christopher Olivier: recovering crack addict and ex-homeless,
he used to pass most of his days panhandling in the streets in front of Tom's.
Thanks to his desire to change and the help from the friends at Tom's Restaurant,
he had the chance to turn around his life.
Tom's Restaurant Documentary Tom's Diner NYC Seinfeld Suzanne Vega Columbia University Barack Obama Cornel West David Sidorsky Bob Rose The David Letterman Show Burton Crane America's Got Talent The Matrix Cheers Larry David Modern Seinfeld Jack Moore Josh Gondelman Buzzfeed The Cut New York Edmund Phelps NASA Goddard Institute James Hansen Independent Documentary New York City Manhattan Gian Franco Morini Jason Alexander Julia Louis-Dreyfus Michael Richards Wayne Knight Jerry Stiller Kramer Curb Your Enthusiasm Tom's Restaurant - a documentary about n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ everything David Lynch Twin Peaks Animal House